Re: [Paparazzi-devel] missing ocamldep, ocamlfind in Mavericks installer

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] missing ocamldep, ocamlfind in Mavericks installer?
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 09:42:32 +0100

Hi David,

regarding the sourcing of ~/.profile:
This file works for most shells, so is generally preferable over one that is e.g. specific to bash.

Unfortunately the initialization order of bash is not the most sane one...
If a ~/.bash_profile exists it won't read the ~/.profile anymore, and it won't read ~/.bash_profile when invoked as sh.
By default (on a fresh user account) you normally have neither....
So if you added a ~/.bash_profile (or ~/.bash_login) yourself, just make sure it still sources the ~/.profile

Cheers, Felix