Re: [Paparazzi-devel] quadroter spektrum example firmwares

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] quadroter spektrum example firmwares
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:05:46 -0800

Hi Felix,
That does help a lot.
I ask because I had a strange thing happen with a flight. After
takeoff instead of flying to STDBY it did wild circles that got larger
and larger until I abandoned the flight and clicked the "Land Here"
button. It hit a tree and gravity took over. Surprisingly only a foot
from one leg broke. Some glue and it is good as new and ready again.

It was a surprise as I had done tests before where it took off, nicely
flew to STDBY and hovered nicely and then landing without surprises.

I have never done the calibrate magnetometer step using ardrone
control so I had wondered if that was the cause. I have logs from that
flight. They are longer than they have to be as it was dark and it
took me a long time to unplug the battery because I was walking around
looking for the plastic leg that broke (little 3cm piece).

-David