Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tilt Rotor using Lisa/M

From: onefastdaddy
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quad Tilt Rotor using Lisa/M
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:00:59 -0800

What is the expected max speed during airborne deployment?

I was thinking something like wingsuits for skydivers that inflate with air pressure. A structure like arms swivel out and create the wings..air fills the holes and make the airfoil.

I imagine if it was self righting (in case it lands upside down) you could just use wire legs extended as landing gear to point the nose up enough for vertical takeoff.

Likely enough air could be blown into the wings to inflate them from the front propeller.

Just thinking out loud. This way you have flexible retractable wings that could enable very high speeds during deployment.

Another thought. Maybe once on the ground a quad is built into this that can separate from the lander and fly off again to one or many other locations. Sort of lunar lander type thing. Deploy from altitude at high speed, winged flight to the ground. Right itself. If you need to re-deploy the top half is a complete quad rotor that separates and flies off.

At the end of the mission(s) do you need it back? Is it expected to go back up or is it a ground based recovery?

-David