Re: [Paparazzi-devel] need tips about this system Lisa/paparazzi autopil

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] need tips about this system Lisa/paparazzi autopilot..please...
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 08:47:58 +1100

Hello Hugo

Paparazzi is appropriate for FPV flying,  it's a very flexible system
appropriate for lots of different uses.

> Does this system has a OSD build in ?

No. It does have a telemetry stream containing all the data you might ever want
on your OSD, but normally that telemetry is used by the paparazzi ground
control software on a pc.

> should I get a extern OSD ? which one?

There's probably more than one solution that works. The one I know about is
running a MavLink OSD on the ground, between the receiver and the
goggles/display, and feeding it MavLink from a program that converts paparazzi
telemetry to MavLink running on the groundstation.

This is unusual by FPV standards, which normally has the OSD in the aircraft
between the camera and the transmitter. However normal FPV flying doesn't
include a groundstation and all the robotics features of a paparazzi system.

> is this system compatible with the Frsky receivers ?

Yes. Especially the ones that can be configured to output PPM directly. You
probably want to avoid the ones with two-way telemetry, and use separate
telemetry modems instead. Sorry, I forget the exact model names.

> in the case if this system is ok for me, where can I order ?

Various options here:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Get_Hardware