[Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Ground Hardware

From: Richard Thornton
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Ground Hardware
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 08:02:38 +1100

Hi Everyone,

Your help and would be greatly appreciated.

Are there system requirements for the ground software?

From what I have lying about it looks like either:

Samsung ARM Chromebook (tricky to get Linux on there?)
Asus Eee PC T91MT (crappy SSD, 9" screen)
MSI Windpad 110W (tablet OK?)

If none of the above are suitable then are there any dirt cheap laptops that are perfect as a ground station, I could probably spend $300 on it?

I am favouring the tablet at the moment, thoughts?

Is a hardware keyboard required after software installation?

The tablet only has 1 x USB so a powered hub may be necessary.

Thanks for looking.

Best regards
Richard