[Paparazzi-devel] ARDrone2 mostly working...

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] ARDrone2 mostly working...
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 18:35:15 +0100

...so, I really should've calibrated it sooner. Now that I have it no
longer falls out of the sky.

However, I'm still having trouble with GPSes.

The cheap Chinese one I bought (allegedly u-blox based) works
reasonably well, but has a very long cable which gets in the way. I
shall truncate the cable and try it again.

The much more expensive German one (also u-blox) has absolutely
terrible accuracy and as a result tends to fly into trees. Not sure
why this is.

Neither will switch into binary mode, at least not under control of paparazzi.

I'll investigate further.