Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Real Time Paparazzi with ChibiOS/RT

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Real Time Paparazzi with ChibiOS/RT
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:14:01 +0200

This is a really nice job, thank you so much for this work.

If I am not mistaken, you are using the HAL layer of ChibiOS right? or at the moment you are mixing the HAL from ChibiOS and libopencm3?

In my opinion, a stable (frozen) version of ChibiOS should be chosen since changes in the code of ChibiOS (specially with HAL) might trigger some issues in the future. Furthermore, there is a new version of
ChibiOS in development (http://forum.chibios.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=817) , in this new version the HAL will be independent from the Kernel (such as libopencm3). Therefore, it should
be easier to migrate the code to other platforms in a near future.

I guess a discussion should be opened in order to pick up one version of ChibiOS (2.x or 3.x), what do you think Michal?