[Paparazzi-devel] Configuring_XBee_API_mode

From: Stephen L Hulme
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Configuring_XBee_API_mode
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:30:46 +1200

Hi Guys

It is apparent that the wiki modem section entitled:  Configuring_XBee_API_mode is empty.

Is it because the procedure is trivial and I am missing the point?

Or is there a procedure that needs documenting when constructing one of Martin’s SUMO aircraft which defines:

<!-- Communication -->
<subsystem name="telemetry" type="xbee_api"/>

I have setup my Series 1 Digi XBees modules according to this factory example:

XBee - 16 bit 802.15.4 Unicast Example:

without issue, in terms of sending the “Hello” message and reporting the response packet using the the defined
coordinator module. Similarly the message is sent from the router module without the response packet.

Is this an adequate set up for SUMO aircraft operation using telemetry type “xbee_api”?

Regards

Stephen