Re: [Paparazzi-devel] compile warning when i use the drotek 10dof imu

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] compile warning when i use the drotek 10dof imu
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 20:21:24 +0100

On 8 September 2013 20:14, Felix Ruess <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Chris,

as already mentioned in the previous thread about the drotek driver:
I don't know how to get rid off that diagnostic warning, as I'm pretty sure the code is correct:

The i2c_trans.buf is marked volatile. If the explicit cast to void* is omitted, it will warn that the volatile attribute is discarded... so the volatile qualifier of the buf is explicitly cast away, since we know that here memcpy is only called when the transaction is done and the contents of the buf actually won't change anymore.

This is surely not the cause - the warning must be about a function pointer - noreturn makes no sense on any other kind of pointer.

If anyone can shed some more light on this, it would be appreciated.

Also when checking this again I noticed that we currently don't have -Wcast-qual enabled for the stm32 platform, so that is why you won't see the warning there.

Cheers, Felix