[Paparazzi-devel] altitude problem in standby

From: Refik Sever
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] altitude problem in standby
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:10:00 +0000

Dear all,

If the datalink is lost for 22s, we switch to Standby by using this exception.

<exception cond="datalink_time > 22" deroute="Standby"/>

Although the STDBY point has an altitude constraint, it does not update the altitude.

<waypoint alt="150" name="STDBY" x="1.0" y="-50.0"/>

If we move to standby from another block by sending a command from GCS, it updates the altitude to 150m. But, if it goes to standby with an exception condition by itself, the altitude remains same.

Nowadays we are trying to increase the altitude (above 1000m), and if the datalink will be lost at that altitude, it will be a big problem because it will remain at 1000m until the battery will be completely discharged.

We are using stable paparazzi version (V5_0v5.0.1_stable-7-gcea1b0b-dirty).  The behaviour is same for the Master branch.

Could you please check that,

Regards,
Refik