Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCRAFT strange behavior again

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ROTORCRAFT strange behavior again
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 00:01:35 +0200

Hi Eduardo!

Well, I glanced a bit over your krooz_sd_quad_agr.xml airframe setup, and have some questions: 1. Since you are using adaptive throttle here, did you try a lower ADAPT_NOISE_FACTOR? From my experience, the lower values give more stable behavior. Currently I end up on ADAPT_NOISE_FACTOR = 0.7
2. Have you actually calibrated the accelerometer? It is really important.
3. Your magnetometer calibration looks a bit suspiciously. Here is one of my for the default KroozSD magnetometer range:

<define name="MAG_X_NEUTRAL" value="-212"/>
<define name="MAG_Y_NEUTRAL" value="44"/>
<define name="MAG_Z_NEUTRAL" value="-17"/>
<define name="MAG_X_SENS" value="2.82420831216" integer="16"/>
<define name="MAG_Y_SENS" value="2.80519777434" integer="16"/>
<define name="MAG_Z_SENS" value="2.92660277562" integer="16"/>

I would recommend to recalibrate it again, if you have any troubles with the heading. 4. According my experience, your REF_MAX_R and REF_MAX_RDOT values are way to large. This can cause an undesired behavior, like, for example, jumping up and down.

Best Regards,
Sergey

No telemetry because i fly far away from my home.