Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim IMU Issue

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim IMU Issue
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:25:26 +0200

Hi Refik,

what paparazzi_version are you using?
In v5.0 and master it is already set to 50Hz by default: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/v5.0/conf/firmwares/subsystems/shared/imu_umarim.makefile#L18

Cheers, Felix

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Refik Sever <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

Before I saw the Iman's email, I was unaware of this issue. Our plane had a lot of crashes at the beginning  because ahrs got confused after a big turn or a loop. Today I turned the plane on the ground and saw that the PFD shows totally different after a loop.

I added these two lines which is described in the issue and now it behaves normally.

I think that it will be good to add something about this issue on the umarim page of wiki to inform beginners.

Regards,

Refik

"Martinmm:

The issue was that AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY was not set in the Umarim airplane example configs and defaulted to 60Hz that made it "sort of usable" in normal flying but killed it with a roll or looping. The config files should contain at least

  <configure name="AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY" value="50"/>
  <configure name="AHRS_CORRECT_FREQUENCY" value="50"/>
"