Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Beginner

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Beginner
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:45:04 +0300

I am not a rotorcraft expert as i just finished my first ever (hexacopter)
but i would start with a hobbyking f550 or similar quadcopter  and not a hexacopter or more.
Optimize your motor and esc selection for 3-4S with 10x4.8 propellers
One advice, buy rotorcraft specific ESCs and good motors (ask the more experienced flyers here),
don't be cheap on the motors otherwise you will end up paying much more real soon
due to bearing failure and exaggerated power handling specs.
Wait for more opinions from those who know better than me...
Chris