Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Libopencm3 - STM32-F1 change interrupt priority

From: matkovmike
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Libopencm3 - STM32-F1 change interrupt priority
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:20:05 +0000

Hi Felix,

thanks for the explanation about the sys_mon, now it makes more sense:)

I ran a couple of quick tests (just looking at the telemetry data and
sys_mon module, no data logging):
A) rotorcraft running @512Hz + GX3 as ahrs @500Hz + int_euler for
stabilization -> runs just fine (master 5.0)
B) rotorcraft running @512Hz + GX3 as ahrs @500Hz + float_euler for
stabilization -> VERY BAD timing (probably because of the floating point
calculations at high rate?) (master 4.9)
C) rotorcraft running @512Hz + GX3 as ahrs @125Hz + float_euler for
stabilization (master 4.9) -> OK(!), note that floating point calculations
runs at the same rate as in B), there is just 4x more UART traffic...

Maybe rotorcraft code is written in a way it can handle the tasks and
timing better?

As for yesterday tests w. fixedwing, here is the configuration for aspirin:
  <firmware name="fixedwing">
    <target name="ap"             board="lisa_m_2.0"/>
    <configure name="FLASH_MODE" value="JTAG"/>

    <define name="AHRS_USE_GPS_HEADING"/>
    <configure name="PERIODIC_FREQUENCY" value="500"/>
    <define name="MODULES_FREQUENCY" value="500"/>

    <subsystem name="control"/>

<!-- Communication -->
    <subsystem name="telemetry"     type="transparent"/>

    <subsystem name="radio_control" type="ppm">
       <configure name="RADIO_CONTROL_PPM_PIN" value="UART1_RX"/>
    </subsystem>

<!-- Sensors -->
    <subsystem name="imu"      type="aspirin_v2.2"/>
    <subsystem name="ahrs"      type="int_cmpl_quat"/>
    <subsystem name="gps"       type="ublox"/>
    <subsystem name="navigation" type="extra"/>
    <subsystem name="ins" type="alt_float" />
  </firmware>

<!-- Modules -->
  <!--modules main_freq="500"-->
  <modules>