[Paparazzi-devel] GPS NO FIX on V5.0 master branch

From: Jorge Pantoja
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS NO FIX on V5.0 master branch
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:19:01 -0500

Hello all,

I found a strange behaviour of the GPS when I went for a flight test a couple of weeks ago using the V5.0 master branch. Basically, the GPS gave me a good pos accuracy and altitude indication but it never fixed so I was not able to attempt an auto1 or auto2 flight.

To discard not having enough GPS satellites around, on site I changed my brand version to 4.2 stable a compiled the same airframe flight. For my surprise my GPS FIXED and I was able to perform my first auto1 and auto2 flights using brand 4.2 stable.

I am still curious about what happened with my GPS on V5.0. I have a attached my log and data files from the flights using V5.0 and V4.2 for you to see what could be the problem.

V5.0 files:
13_08_11__10_08_23.data
13_08_11__10_08_23.log

V4.2 files: