[Paparazzi-devel] SRTM data causing crash in Sim

From: Matthew Currie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] SRTM data causing crash in Sim
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:18:57 -0700

Group,

I was experiencing repeated crashes when simulating my local flight plan.  I had SRTM data pulled for my region and found this to be the cause of the negative AGL figure.

The wiki makes mention of a -noground argument for the ocaml sim script here:

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Maps#Getting_and_using_SRTM_Data

Unfortunately, the script is rejecting '-noground' and does not list it as an available commandline argument.

For the time being I have deleted the SRTM data files from the data folder and my flights now behave as expected.

Is this expected behavior?  Is there currently any other way to disable the crash determination?  Ironically I am testing this on a tiny remote island and the SRTM data is 0m for the miles surrounding the helicopter pad I am launching from.

--
Matthew Currie