[Paparazzi-devel] mailing list vs. forum -> maybe google groups as compr

From: Felix Ruess
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:17:23 +0200

Hi all,

the question of a forum came up again lately and since a pure forum already failed in the past one proposition was to maybe move to google groups, which more or less allows usage as either a normal mailing list (you DON'T need a google account) or in a more forum like style via the web interface.

Maybe google groups is a bit more accessible for new users than the pure mailing list we have now?
Also searching google groups for previous questions/posts/solutions is probably nicer than searching the current paparazzi-devel archive.

So what are your thoughts on this? Would it make sense to move the mailing list to google groups (or something else)? Or maybe use several lists, one for users and one for development discussion?

Personally I'm fine with either keeping the current paparazzi-devel list or moving to google groups.