Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to select an airframe

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] how to select an airframe
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:02:44 -0600

Hello Chris (G.),

Unfortunately, we don't have the Rascal anymore. We were also using it before we switched to paparazzi, and it had a Micropilot onboard. It met it's demise during an auto takeoff due to a software "feature"/bug (commercial solutions aren't perfect...).

After this crash, Sig Mfg. was in limbo for a time, and so they only just started making them again. I would have to say though, fantastic large aircraft. It is very efficient with the elliptical wings, much more so than a Telemaster or similar. It is not very easy to transport though.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer