[Paparazzi-devel] krooz imu and magnetometer

From: hendrixgr .
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] krooz imu and magnetometer
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 14:03:12 +0300

After more than 6 hours of testing the krooz here is what i have found so far.
The autopilot is excellent but it does have a small problem with the magnetometer.
No matter what i tried i can't make it work as good as the drotek imu based one because it has a strong bias in all axes so it is probably affected either by the Xbee pro 2.4 modem (60mw) or from the currents running all over the board.
I did calibrate the accelerometer and magnetometer.
The best i got is a fixed error of at least 20 degrees from the magnetic north and very low resolution around the 0 degrees (looking to the North)
Next week i will try without the modem.
Felix the imu driver for the krooz kind of works but the PFD moves only about +-5 degrees fast and if i let the autopilot rest at say +30 degrees up the it converges to 30 degrees very very slowly.
I have written a similar imu driver (but the old style, you know) and it works fine so there must be something in the gains or elsewhere.
When i tested the newly posted imu driver i used the default configuration (2g, 250/sec)
by erasing all sensitivity, sign and neutrals definitions inside my airframe file.
Btw this problem i had with the md5 sum did not appeared again...
Chris