Re: [Paparazzi-devel] linux live cd

From: nisma
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] linux live cd
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

I have testet lubuntu and installed paparazzi from ppa, it works on 2GB USB Stick without problems.
I must test the difference between casper-rw and casper-sn and tweak it a bit, then i can upload it.
It´s based on lubuntu 12.04-desktop-i386.

Installing the ppa inside knoppix gives a lot of problems mostly because knoppix uses newer packages
as ppa.
Actually, really slowly i´m try to evaluate two GIS live CD, both knoppix based, but i need to register to have
access to satellite data, and even this it´s free it need time for both, setup and learning getting images.
So progress is really slow. Actually i´m waiting to get access to 5min updated images and high resolution images
every hour in order to have data to full evaluate gis applications.

However, having a usb stick that can boot paparazzi for me is really usefull.