[Paparazzi-devel] linux live cd

From: nisma
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] linux live cd
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:50:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, it´s not better to have a working live CD , Kernel 3.6.11 in order to test paparazzi.
I write live-CD, but the deal is having a bootable usb stick, or a bootable cd and usb stick where the paparazzi code resides insiede the usb stick.
Tell me what type of packages is needed, inkl GEO tools, ... and i build such a image. I´m unsure if i should use a cd image or a dvd image or split the image.
The 64bit system need a dvd image, but on the other side, beside memory, that can be limited, i personally don´t see the advantage of running it on 64bit, but
for testing, it could be advantageous.

Tell me what do you think and what packages is needed.  The proposed live cd will be based on knoppix http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
and the usb add-on use overlay FS in order to be transparend for the user and that the base linux distribution don´t need to be updated that often.