Re: [Paparazzi-devel] input2ivy and joystick problem PARTIALY SOLVED

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] input2ivy and joystick problem PARTIALY SOLVED
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:32:42 +0200

Hi Chris,

since something around v4.2 the joystick is read via SDL for platform independence, meaning that you specify the device index (usually 0, which is the default) and not the device path anymore.

It also seems that in SDL the pov hat is not read as axes, but as an explicit hat type with up/down/.. values.

I tried to quickly write something to read the hat position, see my input2ivy_hat branch.
See also https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/460

Cheers, Felix