Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi installer on mac?

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi installer on mac?
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:31:24 -0600

Hello,

I updated the wiki a little bit again. The simulator is working again on master I believe, but launching agents from paparazzi center on 10.8 is still broken. (Agents can still be run from the command line with no problems). arm-non-eabi-gdb won't work on 10.6 with a default install. One can try to install gcc-arm-embedded from source without the python option, or potentially try installing python 2.7 with the binary installer from python.org. I haven't tested either. In any case, one only needs gdb if doing development work with a jtag/swd debugger on the STM32.

The binary installers are not available because the OS X build machines on the build server are not in service, and there has been no time to migrate the build server to a new physical server.

Keep in mind installing from Macports, while taking considerably longer than the binary install, shouldn't be that difficult if the instructions are followed. Plus, you can get all the other software available from Macports!

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer