[Paparazzi-devel] vibration and imu problem solved.

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] vibration and imu problem solved.
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:59:21 +0300

Ok it looks like my vibration problem is solved.
After downloading every paper i could find on vibration dampening here is what i did in case someone
finds this info usefull.
i first made a sandwich with the imu between two MonnGel pads (Moongel pads stick together very well) and then i wrapped the whole thing in latex foam and installed it in a plastic case. I used just enough latex foam in order to keep the whole assembly steady when enclosed in the plastic case. The imu also has a lead plate about 20g attached to it for increased inertia. Then i searched for the quietest spot in the fuselage and guess where i found it...
Right behind the firewall....
Also don't forget that the imu wiring must be relaxed by creating a small (3-5cm) loop with the wires and attaching this loop loosely to the fuselage (at one point only) in a way that the wiring portion from the loop to the plastic case containing the imu does not touch the fuselage at any point.
Chris