Re: [Paparazzi-devel] imu sensor filtering?

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] imu sensor filtering?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:40:57 +0300

After some more testing i moved the imu all over the fuselage in order to try to find the quietest spot
and i did found it on the plastic floor of the airplane.
I also added another dampening level so actually i made a pyramid with 3 levels
and every level is dampened, this moved the vibration level of the x and y axes to below 1m/s peak to peak and the z axis below 2m/s pp.
Next thing i want to try is "Rtom Moon Gel Damper Pads".
One last thing, the airplane has totally different vibration characteristics when on the ground and flying.
From my tests i found that the z axis vibration magnitude was analogous with rpm while the airplane was on the ground but inversely proportional when flying (smoothing out with increased rpm) like the two other axes x and y which were smoothing out with increased throttle both on the ground and in the air.
The landing gear probably contributes something to this behavior.
Chris