[Paparazzi-devel] digital video link anyone?

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] digital video link anyone?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 22:42:52 +0300

I am on a quest for an affordable digital video link so i can pass both telemetry and video from a single link. So far i have found a board that can do that but i am still waiting for more information from the vendor
as i can't locate the price or availability of it .
http://www.globalismp.com/product/detail/Video_encoder_module/AMU-9111
I have also found this but i don't know the video quality of it
http://www.vfmstore.com/trd01124.htm
I would like to ask anyone that might know if there is something in this world that can stream video from an analog camera and also provide a transparent serial link without having to resort to the usual ip cameras+serial to ip+wifi bridge setup. I have succeded in using an ip camera to get video but despite it's problems the analog video tx
(vtx) is still the way to go for long range.
Btw my analog video link reached great distances with a 13db onboard steerable yagi and i am also testing a dual 180+ degree radiation antenna setup (one on each wing tip and an rf switch to change antenna depending on where home is) copied from a million+ 5m uav. This approach enables the usage of very high rf power since radiation on the plane's body is at least 25db down and continuous video transmittion.
Chris