Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Digital_cam module / DC_SHOT overflow

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Digital_cam module / DC_SHOT overflow
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:54:22 +0200

Hi,

Done in v4.9_devel-807-g0093794 with commit https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/commit/00937949bb0fb10fda8081f0492ae0bed76cb735

Cheers, Felix

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Christophe De Wagter <address@hidden> wrote:
The initial design was to use as little telemetry as possible (uint8_t) but make sure we know which coordinates are missing by having a picture number. An overflow is easy to resolve on the ground so for us 8-bit was fine.

I believe afterwards someone else found that 255 photos is not sufficient (I agree: we usually have 400+ photo/flight) and changed it to a 16-bit counter.

Probably this 1 byte of telemetry will not make a big difference so 16-bit telemetry is fine with me as it makes things nicer for end-users.

-Christophe