[Paparazzi-devel] Android Smartphone as main Datalink ?

From: Marius Pfeffer
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Android Smartphone as main Datalink ?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:45:29 +0200

Hello All :)

I've had lately a nice idea:

Instead of a limited standard radio connection, why don't use an Android Smartphone with Internet connection(connected over the internet to the ground station) ?
(what about a xmpp service with a modified xabber android app ?)

This will give a nearly unlimited distance to the uav !

But is this possible ?

Sorry, I have no experience in this thread, I've ordered an usb host controller for Arduino and will try a bit with it around.
Maybe there is somebody (or more) that have some experience with that already or can help me realize it :)

Thanks,
Marius :)