[Paparazzi-devel] simultaneously using two autopilot systems for reliabi

From: refik
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] simultaneously using two autopilot systems for reliability
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:21:59 +0200

Hello,

In paparazzi, is it possible to use two complete autopilot systems for
reliability ? (each system includes GPS, imu, transmitter and autopilot, if
one of the systems is gone, the system automatically switches to other).

If it is not possible currently, I think that it will be a good choice to
implement.

We will try to fly an aircraft for 24 hours within 20km, therefore we will
need a reliable autopilot. What configuration (autopilot, imu, Gps and
modem) do you suggest to use?

Cheers,
Refik