Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy

From: refik
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:49:31 +0200

Hello,

I changed the gyro (ITG3200) on umarim Lite 2.0.  Accelerometer was working
before, however, both the accelerometer and gyro does not respond now. I
looked at the SDA and SCL pins with an oscilloscope, the signals are
changing and it seems OK. However, in the messages window of GCS, the
variables in IMU_GYRO and IMU_ACCEL are all zero. They are blinking with
green, therefore I think that gyro and accelerometer send data from I2C
port, but they send all zero.

Do you think that they damaged while we heated the gyro? We were careful
about ESD.

Joseph, did you solve the gyro problem?

Cheers,
Refik

>Hello,

>I also have the same problem. I left the umarim board open for 3 days. When
I came back, I >saw exactly the same gyro problems that you describe.  I am
waiting the new gyro to >arrive.

>I think that it is an hardware problem, and I will try to change the gyro.
I did not >grounded myself, the damage maybe occurred due to this.

>Cheers,
>
>Refik
>

>Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy

>Joseph Muhlhausen

>Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy

>Sun, 3 Mar 2013 18:15:21 -0500
>
>Thank you for your answer Gautier,
>

>I have tried different config files, AHRS settings, power supplies. Nothing
fixed it

>I have double checked my setup, wiring diagram and everything seems fine.
The board actually works well including the accelerometer.

>I installed the board on Depron foam, I wonder if it could create a static
shock by itself. I usually do not touch or remove the board from the plane.

>Unfortunately I do not have a logic analyzer but I am seriously considering
it. It is a bit frustrating, but PPZUAV offered to replace the gyro which is
amazing customer service and should take care of the issue.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2011-12/msg00118.html