Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Temperature compensation of rate sensors

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Temperature compensation of rate sensors
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:11:09 +1100

> is there a need for temperature compensation of the invensense rate sensors?
> By applying a temperature jump of 20°C  i found a  bias error  of  4°/s and
> the AHS fails.
> Other projects made a temperature  or bias compensation.

Once it warms up, does your temperature/bias remain reasonably constant?

I'm asking because, with another project's autopilot, we found that we
needed a preflight procedure to solve this problem: let the board come
up to temperature for a few minutes then reboot it.

Are you aware of another project's autopilot with a temperature/bias
compensation that actually works?

Chris Gough
--
.