Re: [Paparazzi-devel] master branch - magnetometer signal problem

From: Eduardo lavratti
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] master branch - magnetometer signal problem
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:06:13 -0300

Hello Felix, i am not sure..
I am using the same calibration used with old drivers.
The problem start after i update my repo yesterday.

i will make the calibration again.

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:49:04 +0100
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden

Hi Eduardo,

are you sure? For the aspirin_v1.5 driver with HMC5883? Which exact master version?
The HMC5883 has an order of xzy in the returned data, while the HMC5843 has xyz order.
This is now handled by the hmc58xx driver, so you get the data in the axes of the mag: sw/airborne/peripherals/hmc58xx.c line 143
For aspirin 1.5 the mag type is set to HMC5883 (default), for aspirin 1.0 to HMC5843.
The channel mapping is to switch axes if the accel/gyro/mag on the imu are mounted in different orientations, so that you get everything in final imu axes.
Just looked at it again, and to me it looks like I switched the Y and Z channels correctly after using the hmc58xx driver for the mag on aspirin.

Would be cool if you could double-check...

Cheers, Felix