Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Software architecture design

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Software architecture design
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:28:55 +0100

I have seen several benchmark tests for C versus C++ where C always used less memory, was faster in execution.

In aviation, there are certified c-compilers but no certified c++ compilers.

But I also think C++ is more readable. So my suggestion is to write as C++-lookalike possible C-code.

PS: #define MACRO (X)  (X>10)

should always be

PS: #define MACRO (X)  ((X)>10)

(unless it is inlined, which adds better compile time control at the cost of less type flexibility)

--
-Christophe