[Paparazzi-devel] Problem installing paparazzi on OS X

From: Chris Robson
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem installing paparazzi on OS X
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:45:10 +0000

Hi Everyone,
I've had this problem for over a year now.   Just when I get some enthusiasm to get paparazzi going, I can't figure out how to get it to instal and it goes back to gathering dust.

Hardware:
Macbook 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo

OS:
OSX 10.6.8

Xcode version:
mmmacbook:~ user$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 3.2.6
Component versions: DevToolsCore-1809.0; DevToolsSupport-1806.0
BuildVersion: 10M2518
mmmacbook:~ user$

(xcode build doesn't exist in by user/bin folder, but I got it to work in my home folder.  I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Installation using the paparazzi tools installer proceeds as normal till it gets hung up, tantalisingly close to the end.  After this the installation failed window pops up.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have tried all sorts to install it previously, macports etc but couldn't get it to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  For example, would it be possible that I have set something which prevents the installer from accessing the folders it wants to place the items, or could these folders already contain the items from when I've tried a previous installation with macports and it's getting confused?

Cheers
Chris