Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] test new fpv telemetry kit
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 08:41:35 +0100

We have tested the latest low-power xbee 868MHz frequency hopping up to 5km. (not the 350mW single frequency that goes beyond 40km).

Please note that modems are in principle board independent. Just when using higher power versions you can not power them from the autopilot anymore, and some boards like yapa are specially designed to fit xbee-footprint like modems. (note that there exist many many modules that share the xbee footprint: gps-bee, bluetooth-bee, xbee, laird, ...)

-Christophe