Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Eagletree airspeed sensor problems #2

From: Murat Bronz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Eagletree airspeed sensor problems #2
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:07:08 +0100

Hello Chris,

The one that we are using at ENAC (that Gautier is going to tell you on monday) is the LBA series, actually "LBAS500UF6S".

Here is the link:
http://www.sensortechnics.com/en/products/pressure-sensors-and-transmitters/amplified-pressure-sensors/lba/

Take a look at the videos on their website, the measuring technique is a little bit different than what we are used to have with membrane pressure sensors... This one uses a heat source in the middle and two separate temperature sensor in each side in order to measure the  pressure from mass flow and also direction of the flow on bidirectional models...

More info here:
http://www.sensortechnics.com/cms/upload/appnotes/AN_LBA_E_11162.pdf

Cheers,
Murat