Re: [Paparazzi-devel] VFF_FLOAT - question about the Kalman filter

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] VFF_FLOAT - question about the Kalman filter
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 23:11:42 +0100

Hello,

The vertical filter used for rotorcraft is based on a kinematic model not a dynamic model. It means that the input of the filter's propagate function is actually the accelerometer measurement, instead of the acceleration estimated by the a dynamic model. The reason is that the dynamic model is usually unknown, and it makes the filter independent of it. If you want to tune the noise associated with the accelerometer, you have to look at the system noise.

Gautier