Re: [Paparazzi-devel] connection between paparazzi and flightgear

From: Petr Benda
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] connection between paparazzi and flightgear
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 09:06:38 +0100

Dear Stephen,

Thank you much for your help. I have installed FlightGear version 2.8.0.5.
My setup is following:

machine 1:
IP: 192.168.0.10
Ubuntu 12.10 desktop 32-bit
There is paparazzi installed.

machine 2:
IP: 192.168.0.11
Windows 7 64-bit
There is FlightGear installed in c:\FlightGear
Firewall is disabled.

I do the following steps in order to connect paparazzi and FlightGear
together:

On machine 2 I run:

fgfs --fdm=null --fg-root=c:\FlightGear\data --timeofday=noon
--native-gui=socket,in,30,,5501,udp

Then, on Machine 1 I run paparazzi center and I click on: select A/C to
Microjet, Build, Execute, Stop the simulator

After that I change parameters to

...launchsitl -a Microjet -boot -norc -fg 192.168.0.11

and click "redo" button at the simulator. Then, in GCS I click Launch and
switch to the Takeoff block.

On machine 2 I checked (using netstat) that FlightGear is listening on 5501
and I also checked there (using Wireshark) that UDP packets are incoming to
the machine 2 and the destination port is 5501 correctly. Unfortunately, I'm
not able to see any movement in FlightGear although the aircraft is flying
in standby block.

Could you please help me to force FlightGear to visualize the simulation?
Thank you in advance for your help.

With best regards,
Petr

http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Simulation#View_the_simulation_in_Flight_Gear