Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 4-Dimensional Trajectories (4DT)

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 4-Dimensional Trajectories (4DT)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:56:53 +0200

Here are the draft rules:

http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/eps/eps_data/154025-OTHER-001-001.pdf

They say:

Page 3: "Competition missions will be defined by Four-Dimensional
Trajectories (4DTs), which will be comprised of a series of
three-dimensional waypoints in space and a specific time of arrival
for each waypoint."

Page 7: "The five distinct segments of a mission are: aircraft launch,
pre-4DT loiter, 4DT flight, post-4DT loiter, and aircraft recovery."

There will be an air traffic control ("central puppent master"), as
they want to be able to create specific scenarios for the competitors
with surrounding air traffic using a combination of real and virtual
aircraft working synchronously.

Managing air traffic might be the next step in development of
paparazzi. I would start out with 4DT. That would be a great new
feature!

Regards, Reto