[Paparazzi-devel] Umarim IMU Issue

From: Craig Smith
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim IMU Issue
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 20:03:15 -0700

Hey all,
I've got an Umarim lite v2 that I recently picked up, but the gyroscope seems to spaz out every now and then, throwing the AHRS off by quite a bit.  Anyone else having the same problem?

I've attached a plot of the gyros spazing out and a plot of theta and gp.  You can see that its physically not moving (accel_y is constant), but theta is changing due to the gyros.

To me, it looks like a driver issue misreading a pcket, but I dunno, maybe a bad gyro...  I'm using the example Umarim airframe with the float_dcm ahrs...

any thoughts?

-- Craig