Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Starting point for SPI on Lisa/M2

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Starting point for SPI on Lisa/M2
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 12:29:17 +0200

Just real quick: the STM part is still not finished, it is still missing the phase and polarity settings:

https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/issues/147
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/pull/210

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Gerard Toonstra <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking at the complexity of attaching another SPI device for communications purposes on Lisa/M2.

The expectation was that spi_arch.c would be more of an SPI driver that you could use to initialize a structure with
and then pass along to different functions for reading/writing and so on, things that would typically be done inside a driver.

Reading the code, I get the impression that instead it is a file specifically written for communication with the IMU,
as there are specific references to SS pins, addresses and DMA's and the likes.

The examples and tests had some specific SPI code in there not using any of the "mcu arch" code, indicating that others
have seen the same thing and just tried to get their equipment working on the hardware.

What's the best starting point in either tests, examples or existing code for doing anything related to SPI on the current
code base, which ideally uses the standard existing SPI connector on the main board?

I've also found this post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2012-02/msg00297.html

Was this ever merged?

Rgds,