Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft - starting motors

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotorcraft - starting motors
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:58:59 +0200

Hi Cedric,

you shouldn't need to use the GCS. If you didn't configure a different mode explicitly, you should be able to arm/disarm the motors via yaw stick (at zero throttle).
But you need to be in one of the normal flying modes (not KILL or FAILSAFE) and the AHRS needs to be aligned (in default configuration the AHRS led stops blinking if it's aligned).

Usage of a KILL switch is independent of the arming mode. (But if you have a KILL_SWITCH defined make sure it is not in the kill position when trying to arm the motors).

If it is not behaving as you would expect, can you please provide your configuration so we can either figure out what is not working as it should, or where we need to clarify the docs....

Cheers, Felix