Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa m and ppm input

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] lisa m and ppm input
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:37:03 -0300

Hi Chris,

I'm also interested in the answer, as I'm just trying to keep my wires in the same area.

My guess is that something in "sw/airborne/arch/stm32/subsystems/radio_control/ppm_arch.c+h
needs to be changed. I don't know how pins on lisa/m2 are connected to the timer though. On the arduino e.g. some pins are specifically
assigned for timer capture use. The Lisa/L had this ppm capture at the very right of the double UART connections, but this was changed for v2.0.
For Lisa/L, this was called "trigger".

Here may be some other files that could be helpful in your quest (eagle6):

https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi-hardware/tree/master/controller/lisa_m/v2.1

NOT being an expert here, it looks like the timer also needs to be switched to be able to use UART-RX1 besides the pin ( Timer 1 Ch. 3 ).
This timer is conditionally used for ADC work.

I'll let a more qualified person respond whether it's possible or not.

Rgds,

Gerard