Re: [Paparazzi-devel] CHIMU Drifting Issues

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] CHIMU Drifting Issues
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:11:38 +0200

check the accelerometer calibration parameters, otherwise you probably have broken hardware I think.

-Christophe

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Cameron Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies. I connected the CHIMU to the Control Center again. And it did the same thing: the drifting back to zero, even at 45 degrees. It seems that the accelerometer was providing values of zero. So I tried another CHIMU in the Control Center, and it worked great. I haven't had a chance to try this second CHIMU with the autopilot yet, but hopefully it fixes all of the problems.

I'm not sure what caused the issue in the first place, but I'll look into that separately. I'm pretty sure that I tried it in the Control Center before using it with the autopilot and that it worked then. So this seems weird.

Thanks again,

Cameron