Re: [Paparazzi-devel] "PTH_08080W" Strange behaviour on YAPA2

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] "PTH_08080W" Strange behaviour on YAPA2
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 00:23:37 +0200

After a lot of vibrations we have often seen the yellow tantalum capacitors break, sometimes causing such a behavour. But there is also an enable pin on the pth08080 module. The datasheet says to keep it floating but we have seen that touching it or excessive dirt on the board can cause the enable to turn off the pth08080. Otherwise the module might simply be broken. Any time you approach your board with your hand you might be causing electro static discharges ESD that in theory can distroy IC's. No opensource autopilot protects against this.

-Christophe