Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA2 help needed

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] YAPA2 help needed
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:24:38 +0300

Hi Christophe
You are right but this can only happen when certain conditions are met and it is very difficult to predict.
Someone who use maximum a 4 cell lipo will never see this problem.
If i need to predict every situation possible then it is better to design everything from scratch my self.
The problem is not the YAPA2 which is excellent  but the current sensor.
I expect when something is designed for 3.3v it will not exceed this level otherwise it is not
designed correctly.
Since this sensor is supposed to be used with 3.3 to 5v systems it's output SHOULD BE LIMITED. Maybe we need to make a fortified version of the YAPA2 (YAPA3) to take account those not well designed
peripherals available.
Chris