Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto Zero wiht IDG500

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto Zero wiht IDG500
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:11:42 +0200

We contacted invensense some years ago about the following:

We have several idg500 and isz500 gyro's in our products for a while but we suddenly ran into trouble when we started using the 4.5x amp together with the normal 1x output. Input currents into the 4.5x amplifier are measured to be 0.1 milliamp @ 100deg/sec. When the proposed external RC (750R/100nF) is used before the amp as in the datasheet, this significantly influences the measurement. Is it possible to get more information on the 4.5x amplifier and how to use it correctly?

The solution was to connect the AZ pin to ground and not let it floating and it would be added to an update . In any case :http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/IMU#YAI_v1.0 uses the fix. (http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/paparazzi-hardware/trunk/sensors/yai/imu.PDF?root=paparazzi)

So: never let AZ free.

-Christophe