[Paparazzi-devel] Auto Zero wiht IDG500

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Auto Zero wiht IDG500
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 09:33:11 +0200

Hi,
knows someone what is to do with the auto zero input of the IDG500 rate sensor. Let it free? Set it to 3.V level? Connect it to an output to the micro controller to generate a pulse? We saw yesterday that the measures turn left was 220 grd/s to right 170 grd/s and the true value was 198 grd/s as we fixed the pin to zero.
The gain was  in a wrong range.
After let the input disconnected we notice a other gain the the values were 196 grd/s and 206 grd/s.
What is the benefits of using the the auto zero feature?

Heinrich