Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issues with Power for Yapa2

From: Jorge Pantoja
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issues with Power for Yapa2
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:22:18 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.

The problem that we are facing is when we connect the 8 Channel PPM Encoder to the Yapa2. We are using a 5 V battery to power the servos, the encoder and the receiver. Everything works perfect for a few minutes and then the PPM Encoder shuts down and the receiver as well not allowing us to switch modes (Auto1, Auto2, Manual) anymore. We think that it has something to do with too much current being sucked out of the battery causing the PPM Encoder to shut down. For this we are using the Jumper on the PPM Encoder board since the encoder, the servos and receiver work at the same voltage. Would you recommend not using the Jumper of the PPM Encoder and powering the receiver and encoder separately form the servos?

Best Regards,
Jorge