Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ins Subsystem

From: Loic Drumettaz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ins Subsystem
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:53:12 +0200

Hi Felix,

My last pull was at commit 1a58520. I saw that you did a update of hf_float.h yesterday so i did another pull today. Yes, I used AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY set to 500.
I checked the vibrations in flight with ins_xdd and ins_ydd
Quad 1: ins_xdd and ins_ydd +/-2m/s², ACCEL_NOISE=10, Pacc=4.5 m, USE_GPS_ACC4R, Hovering test improved with HFF.
Quad 2: ins_xdd and ins_ydd +/-4m/s², ACCEL_NOISE=10, Pacc=6 to 4.5 m, USE_GPS_ACC4R, Hovering test deteriorated with HFF.

I'll try to rise ACCEL_NOISE on QUAD 2, since vibrations are higher. Maybe it would be interesting to record HFF and HFF_DBG messages?

Regards
Loïc

Hi Loic,
did you check if the timing is still ok? And with which version did you make these tests? ./paparazzi_version
Did you have the AHRS_PROPAGATE_FREQUENCY set to 500?

The best way of course would be to get some ground truth on velocity and position, but logging the ins and the gps values might already provide some insights....